We have all been there, right? Something pops up and you need a note card to write a quick message to someone. Most of the time it is a thank you note for a kindness someone has shown or a gift they have given. When this happens I need something I can put together quickly.
These cards can be created in about 10 minutes and you can replicate the basic design over and over again. The basic format offers opportunities for variations as well, since you could replace the ribbon with a paper pre-made border, a punched border, lace, or other trims. Instead of the butterflies you can use flowers, assorted stamped images, or other embellishments.
Let's get started!Supply ListK&Company Watercolor Bouquet Adhesive paper pad 30-619791
K&Company Watercolor Bouquet Layered Accents 30-619739
5/8" ribbon in coordinating color, 15" in length
Solid coordinating cardstockInstructions
1. Cut a piece of solid cardstock to measure 5 1/2"x8 1/2". Score and fold.
2. Cut a piece of patterned cardstock for the top panel 4"x5 1/4"
3. Cut another piece of patterned cardstock for the bottom panel 2 1/2"x4" and attach to top panel.
4. Tie ribbon where patterned cardstocks meet creating a bow or knotted ribbon off to the right or left depending on which side you want to place your embellishment.
5. Attach your embellishment next to your ribbon.
When I have some spare time I sit down and create several of these just so I have a good supply on hand. You can also stamp "thank you" or another greeting on the top or bottom section to make your card more specific to the occasion. This can be done at the very last minute to make your card more personal.
Happy card making!Lisa
of Paper Fashions