Yarn Bugs Meet Perler Beads
7 September 2011
Author: Kathy Fesmire
What could be cuter than a yarn bug? How about a yarn bug adorned with Perler Beads to turn them in to wonderful creations. With all the colors and styles of yarn the possibilities for yarn bugs are endless. By adding Perler Beads you can make adorable creations with your kids! Try some of these ideas to get you started.
Fruity Gift Ideas:
A simple red yarn bug can be transformed into an apple your favorite teacher with a simple leaf and stem made from Perler Beads.
Make a set of yellow, red and green to make a welcome to any desk!
You can create any fruit with a stem and leaf and add to a package or as a unique gift.
- Try making a lemon and add a sentiment “When life gives you lemons…make lemonade” for someone who needs a pick me up.
- Or make a plum with a note that says “Plum glad you’re my friend!”.
See how many fruit themed gifts you can come up with!
These yarn bugs make perfect little creatures when combined with Perler Beads additions.
Adding feet, eyes and distinguishing features can turn a small ball of yarn into any animal you choose.
This adorable little duck was created with simple pieces that your child can make.
Try some of these fun animal ideas with your child:
- Add ears, eyes, nose and tongue to a brown yarn bug to create a dog.
- Large eyes, long tongue and legs on a green yarn bug make an adorable frog.
- A flighty bird can be made with wings, a beak and two small eyes.
- Lips, eyes and a fan tail make the perfect goldfish.
- Try round ears an oval face, eyes and a long tail to make a monkey.
Let your child think of all the different animals, and how to turn a yarn bug. Work with them to help them design the parts needed for their creations!
Who says your yarn bugs have to be patterned after something real? Imaginations can run wild to create adorable creatures with Perler Beads.
The sky is the limit when you add different body parts to create amazing aliens, creepy creatures or magical monsters.
Let your child dream up any kind of pieces or parts to add to the yarn bugs!
This alien was created with just arms, feet and some funky eyeballs!
Encourage your kids to use their imaginations to come up with wild and crazy parts for their creatures.
- Have them experiment with different sizes and shapes of all the add on body parts.
- Join more than one yarn bug together for a super sized alien creature.
- This activity would be great for a birthday party or sleep over!
Kids are always so creative and it is fun to see what they can come up with for these yarn bugs with Perler Beads accents. Pull out your stash of yarn and your Perler Beads and see what you and your child can create together!