The secret to making a great SMASH Book is getting a good start. In a Wedding SMASH Book, the best place to start is the engagement. Grab your first photos and mementos from your engagement, snag a few SMASH note tags, stickers, and glue, and you are on your way! This Wedding SMASH Book Tutorial will help you smash your first pages in no time!
Wedding SMASH Book Instructions:
- Cut a piece of seam binding to 36”, wrap around the cover of the book, and tie a bow. Push two pearl straight pins through the knot of the bow.
- Tear out two pages from the book that have the “MR.” and “MRS.” Images on them. Use scissors to cut out the two shapes and adhere them to the cover using the glue end of the SMASH stick. Use the black pen side of the SMASH stick to doodle around the edges of the shapes.
- Rip out the first two pages that are included in the book so that the new first page is the “It’s the Greatest Love Story Ever Told!” page. Use a liquid glue pen to draw over the white flower images and then cover with coarse clear glitter. Do this in small areas at a time so that the glue does not dry before the glitter is applied. Shake off excess glitter and repeat the process until both flower clusters are glittered.
- Peel off the small butterfly from the sticker sheet and place over the top left corner of the banner.
- Choose three small photos to adhere vertically onto the page, using the glue end of the SMASH stick. Reinforce with a small piece of black and white polka dot tape if necessary.
- Remove the “Yes!” journaling card from the SMASH pad, apply glue to the back, and tuck under the middle photo.
- Use scissors to cut a heart out of corrugated kraft paper (or a to-go coffee cup sleeve) and use the pen side of the SMASH stick to doodle around the edges.
- Use scissors to cut a 12 inch piece of pink jute, wrap around the heart twice, then slide the ends through the holes of a button, and tie a bow to secure in place. Use adhesive foam squares to adhere the heart over the bottom left side of the journaling card.
- Fold a SMASH tab in half along the score line, slide onto the top left side of the page so that the image side is showing, and stitch into place with a sewing machine loaded with white thread. Trim off any excess threads. Remove a small butterfly from the sticker sheet and place over the bottom right side of the tab.
- Remove a pink butterfly from the sticker sheet and place over the top right corner of the middle photo.
- Remove black foam alpha stickers that spell “FiNAllY enG-AgeD” from the release paper and place in the top lefts side of the page, overlapping the photo and journaling card.
- Use the pen end of the SMASH stick to doodle around the outside three edges of the page, and to add journaling to the journaling card and in the empty space in the bottom left corner of the page.
- Remove the “Jotty, Jot, Jot” journaling card from the SMASH pad and adhere to the right side of the page with the glue end of the SMASH stick. Doodle around the scalloped header with the black pen side of the SMASH stick.
- Remove one of the pages with blank calendars from the book and cut out one calendar piece with scissors. Fill in the Month and Year and any other journaling on the calendar with the black pen side of the SMASH stick. Add some color by doodling a bit with the pink pen SMASH stick. Adhere to the page with the glue side of the SMASH stick, overlapping the journaling card a bit.
- Spell out the abbreviated date in black foam letters, then place over the journaling card.
- Remove a diamond ring from the release paper and place over the bottom right corner of the calendar piece, and place a coordinating flower in the bottom right corner of the journaling card.
- Remove the “a DAY to remember” sticker from the sticker sheet and place on the page over the bottom left side of the calendar piece.
- Remove the “Our Story” sticker from the sticker sheet and place right in the center of the page, overlapping the journaling card and the calendar piece.
- Use the black pen side of the SMASH stick to doodle around the outside three edges of the page so that it matches Page 2.
- Use the black pen side of the SMASH stick to add any journaling to the remaining open space on the page.
Now dump out your junk drawers, jot down some memories, and follow this wedding SMASH book tutorial to get a fresh start recording your own wedding memories! Be sure to share your SMASH creations in the Creative Gallery!