Follow this easy witch hat tutorial to create the perfect costume for your whimsical Halloween party!
Note: prior to decorating your witch hat, stuff the tall portion with a bit of tissue paper, newspaper or paper towel to keep it from crushing down. My boys have little soccer cones so I put in a bit of stuffing in and then place my hat on a cone to decorate.
- In a well-ventilated room (outside works best) spray the hat with glitter spray. Spray light layers, holding the can back a little bit from the hat to avoid gobs of glitter in one spot. Let dry.
- Adhere black tulle to the bottom of the hat either by sewing or with hot glue. Wrap the tulle in a circular motion to the top of the hat. Tie tulle end in a knot and carefully adhere. Avoid using excessive glue. Cut off excess tulle.
- Wrap a piece of green ribbon and black tulle around the base of the hat. Tie a cute bow or knot in the back and leave streamers.
- Attach flowers to the one side of the hat with hot glue.
- Remove the witch button stickers from the release paper and alternate colors around the green ribbon. Place witch buttons randomly around the top portion of the hat, too. Even though these are stickers, you may choose to adhere them with hot glue to ensure good adhesion on your hat.
- Add a few gems randomly around the hat to give a bit of sparkle. Use hot glue for stronger adhesion.