Perfect for a little girl’s room or a gift for a dance enthusiast. This framed tutu is as charming as it is simple to create. The pattern papers are just the right touch for the mini outfits whether it’s for a “tiny dancer” or a prima ballerina.
1. Select patterned papers from designer pad. Cut background panels to (note the letter give to each panel).
a. 5 “x 7” brown cardstock
b. 4 1/4” x 5 3/4” gold cardstock
c. 4” x 51/2” designer paper white multi-color floral
d. 3” x 4” designer paper pink shaded floral
e. 2 3/4 “x 3 3/4” ivory paper cardstock
2. Layer and center a, b & c panels using permanent adhesive. Adhere d & e panels together with permanent adhesive. Attach with foam squares to first 3 panels centered.
3. Select pattern paper from pad. Trace smaller dress template form onto specialty paper and cut out with detail scissors.
4. Fold organdy ribbon in half lengthwise and hand stitch 1/8” from fold through both layers using a running basting stitch. Cinch ribbon down to 1 1/2” length gathering ribbon to create tutu. Knot thread on needle end and trim away excess thread with needle. Adhere gathered ribbon to dress form with fabric glue.
5. Color white adhesive backed pearls with gold pen then press gold pearls to tutu along waistline and randomly over the tutu.
6. Attach tutu outfit to ivory card with foam squares for elevation.
7. Add gold pearls to lower right gold panel.
8. Fit artwork into 5”x7” frame (no glass) and secure with tape on backside.
9. Tie green satin bow and adhere to center top portion of frame. Add ribbon loop to hang if desired.