Every Mother loves a handmade card from her child, especially on Mother’s Day! Make this one special by adding a few stitches, loving details and a pop of sparkling bling.
1. Using the paper trimmer cut a piece of white cardstock with a to 11”x 5 1/2” and fold in half to make the card base.
2. Select a piece of pattern paper from the specialty pad. These designs used the foiled stamped pattern.
3. Cut the piece of patterned paper with a paper trimmer to 5 1/4” x 51/4”, and stitch around the edges with a sewing machine loaded with pink thread, about 1/4” from the edge. Pull the ends of the threads to the back of the paper and tape in place with a small piece of masking tape. Adhere the finished piece to the card front.
4. Use either pink ink or pink ink to stamp the large lace heart onto a separate piece of white cardstock. Allow to dry Trim closely around the edges with scissors. Adhere to the card front with 3D square.
5. Use a paper trimmer to cut a piece of grid paper to 1 1/2”x 6” and stamp “Happy Mother’s Day” in the center with black ink. Use a paper trimmer to cut two more pieces to 1 1/2”x 2”, and use scissors to trim a ‘V’ out of one side of both of the small pieces. Stitch around the edges of all three pieces of paper, about 1/8” from the edge, using a sewing machine loaded with pink thread. Pull the ends of the threads to the back of the papers and tape in place with masking tape. Trim any excess threads with scissors.
6. Fold the sides of the largest piece of stitched paper under, about 3/4” from the edge, as shown. Adhere the fold to itself with 3D square. Place a 3D square on the inside (flat) edge of the two smaller pieces of stitched paper and adhere them to the large stitched paper as shown.
7. Stack two 3D squares on top of each other and place on the back of the banner. Peel off the release paper and place the banner over the large heart. Reinforce the rest of the banner piece with more 3D squares where necessary.
8. Peel off a bling paper flower and place over the top right edge of the banner.