Fringe scissors are the star of these magical goodie bags! Just grab a few papers and embellishments and we’ll teach you how to make Halloween treat bags that are sure to dazzle.
Tip: After glitter is dry, spray a bit of hairspray on the glittered area to help hold the glitter in place so you don't wind up with a "glitter trail."
- Cut a piece of patterned cardstock 7 1/4" x 9 1/2" using your paper trimmer. Ink outside edges with black ink and adhere to front of bag. Repeat this for the back of the bag using a coordinating color or pattern.
- Cut a coordinating piece of patterned cardstock 2 1/2" x 7 1/4" for the front of your bag. Use the Martha Stewart Crafts Fringe scissors to fringe this piece, leaving about 3/8" uncut along the top edge. Attach this to your patterned cardstock on the front of the bag.
- Using your Martha Stewart Crafts glitter kit, apply glue sporadically to the areas of the fringe and then sprinkle glitter on top.
- Attach a coordinating adhesive border strip along the top edge of the fringe.
- Cut an 8" piece of coordinating glittered tulle and tie around one handle of the bag.
- Embellish each bag by adding punches, stickers, wiggle eyes and picks.
- Repeat the above steps to create more bags using a variety of patterned cardstock, embellishments, and tulle.
- Now that you know how to make Halloween treat bags, gather your favorite supplies and a handy pair of fringe scissors and work your own magic!