Okay – I’ve had people ask me how I make my stick pins – enough people that I feel inspired to do my first picture tutorial (no video)… So – I hope I am able to explain this process so it seems as simple as it really is! Please visit my blog for complete details!
Here is my list of materials needed to start your project:
1. Floral Pins (the kind used for boutonnieres or corsages) – I found mine at Joann Fabrics in the floral department
2. any array of beads and charms in any color you choose plus a matching pearl (matching the top of the pins)
3. Glossy Accents
4. something that can hold the pin as the Glossy Accents dries.
I made a special holder using a short porcelain doll stand and some clips (found in the jewelery section) – NOT the best thing in the world, but it works and that is what matters!
1. Decide if you want the 3 inch or the 2 inch stick pin.
2. Add your beads in a way that pleases your eye
3. Top with a matching pearl
1. Once you have the beads on your pin the way you like it, put it into the clip to hang.
2. Get out your Glossy Accents.
3. If you have used a charm (like the flower or butterfly) you will want to glue it using your Glossy Accents on the top and bottom of the charm so it doesn’t move.
4. Then add some Glossy Accents to the top of the last pearl. Allow it to hang until dry.
I wrapped some Styrofoam with wrapping paper so that I can keep my pins “stored” until I’m ready to use them.