Skip to content

The Flock Forum
RSS Feed Print
Fringe Scissors May Challenge!!!!
CorrineMB
Posted: Monday, May 3, 2010 5:02 AM

Hellooooooooo, Spotted Canaries!!! I have my feathers all ruffled up in excitement this morning! Why? Because I get to announce the latest challenge! Woot! (Or shall I say "Chirp!!"?)

For the remainder of May 2010, our challenge focus will be on the Martha Stewart Crafts Fringe Scissors! Please check out this link to the official page/rules:

http://www.spottedcanary.com/fringechallengecontest.htm

I can't wait to see what you all come up with! I have been lovin' on this tool since I got it. Here is my kick-off project. It's a snap to make, and it is the PERFECT Mother's Day gift! You still have time to make it!

http://www.spottedcanary.com/Fringe_Scissor_Challenge_Project.htm

Have fun!!!!!

CorrineMB
Creative Artist Team member, EK Success Brands

CorrineMB
Posted: Monday, May 3, 2010 5:10 AM

I forgot to mention that this project, slightly modified, can be the perfect gift for children to make for Mother's Day, too. It's low-cost and easy-peasy. It's soooo low-cost ($1 a frame and then I used scraps of cardstock) and easy (cut & paste), you could make a bunch for ALL the special ladies in your life. The fringe scissors are ingenious and allow you to pump out perfectly-placed fringe to your desired length.

Have FUN and please post what you make! I'd looooooooooove to see!

CorrineMB

Norma
Posted: Monday, May 3, 2010 6:57 PM

Great project. Found a frame like your today for sixty cent. Will give it a try.

Norma
CorrineMB
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2010 5:42 AM

Go, Norma!! That's even cheaper than mine! I can't wait to see what yours comes out like!!

CorrineMB

TrustNoo1
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2010 8:41 AM

Love your projects.

Teresa
CorrineMB
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2010 12:21 PM

Thanks, Teresa! Here are some cards I made while all my "stuff" was out for the frame project. I love these quick, spring/summer-themed cards. I also love making the fold on top, since it's a simple, refreshing change you can do easily.

I hope to see your posted project)s) in the future!

http://www.spottedcanary.com/Fringe_Challenge_cards.htm

CorrineMB

InkaCatherine
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2010 11:33 PM

Corrine,

It is so exciting for Spotted Canary to be having another challenge this month!  Your Mother's Day Frame and the cute floral cards really have me thinking of the variety of ways I can use the fringe scissors.

Looking forward to all of the' fringed' projects the crafting canaries come up with for this challenge.

"The beauty of the world about us is only according to what we ourselves bring to it."   **Shaker Saying**

CorrineMB
Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 6:46 AM

Thanks, Catherine! I'm soooo excited, too! I can't wait to see what others will post. In the meantime, I've been busy this morning and feeling inspired to do a quick & simple layout for my 8.5 x 11 scrapbook binder. Stay tuned......

CorrineMB

CorrineMB
Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 7:04 AM

Okay...here it is! I added a little fringe to my adhesive borders for extra texture/visual interest. I am LOVING:

1. fringe scissors (hello? how easy is this fringe-making with these?!)

2. Tim Coffey line (gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous)

3. Inka's new spray ink (place stuff in a box & test the pressure/distance of each spray on scrap first so you can gauge just what you need for each project)

Enjoy!!! 

http://www.spottedcanary.com/Fringe_Scissors_Challenge_layout.htm

CorrineMB

InkaCatherine
Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 8:34 AM

What a fantastic layout to honor a great day with your mother --Are you giving her , her own copy for Mother's Day?  Hmmmm?

What a creative way to use the fringe -- it makes the butterflies appear to be airborn.  FANTASTIC!

"The beauty of the world about us is only according to what we ourselves bring to it."   **Shaker Saying**

3boys&stillsane
Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 1:01 PM

VERY fun! Something I haven't tried. I will definitely give this a shot. Thanks for a new challenge!

Noelle

CorrineMB
Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 1:19 PM

YES!! Why, how did you know? I'm making one for my mom's 8.5 x 11 binder I gave her a couple years back--I add stuff to it pretty regularly. She's gonna love it!

I really loved the way the fringe looked on the page...everyone, try it out! 

CorrineMB

InkaCatherine
Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 11:05 PM

I am definitely heading to Michael's after work to pick up a pair of Martha Stewart's fringe scissors.  They intrigue me --I need to try out something I have in mind.  I will try to post after I do.

Happy Weekend Canaries.

CorrineMB
Posted: Friday, May 7, 2010 6:01 AM

Can't wait to see, Catherine!!!

HUGS!!!

CorrineMB

CorrineMB
Posted: Saturday, May 8, 2010 3:38 AM

Good Saturday morning! I hope you're all busy creating something for this fun challenge! Please post your projects & get a chance to win a prize pack.

I was feeling inspired last night and whipped up a quick & easy napkin ring and place card. These dimensional flower stickers from Martha Stewart Crafts are perfect, perfect, perfect for a project like this!

Have a blessed day! Create! Fly, canaries, fly!

http://www.spottedcanary.com/Fringe_Scissors_Challenge_Placecard_and_Napkin_Ring.htm

CorrineMB

CorrineMB
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 6:49 PM

I sooooooooooooooo hope some of you crafty canaries got some Fringe Scissors for Mother's Day! Hahahahaha! Let's see some fringe projects! Woot!

CorrineMB

Norma
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 5:30 AM

I'm sure going to try. My husband was hurt on the job. He broke both of his heels and can't walk right now , so been taking care of him. Which take alot of my time. But sure going to try.

Norma
Teala
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 6:16 AM

Wow!  This sounds like fun!  I'll try to whip up something for this challenge.  I already have an idea, but I'm just brainstorming.

Happy Trails everyone!

The horse is God's gift to mankind. ~Arabian Proverb

CorrineMB
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 5:22 AM

Norma,

Oh, no! I am so sorry! How is he doing? I will put him in my prayers. The contest lasts all of May, so maybe you'll get a little time here and there to play. You can only do what you can do. Oh, your poor husband! Again, I will pray.

Teala,

Yes! Let's see what you can make with fringe!!! I'm excited!!!

CorrineMB

InkaCatherine
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 7:49 AM

Oh my Norma -- I too, wish your husband a complete and speedy recovery.  Remember to take care of you while you are taking care of him.  I find spending time crafting helps my mental outlook enormously -- at least for a few precious minutes -- Take good care.

InkaCatherine

InkaCatherine
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 7:51 AM

Teala,

I have been mulling a few projects over in my mind too -- Can't wait to see what you create and post!  Happy fringe fun.

InkCatherine

Teala
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 9:44 AM

Corrine and Catherine,

Thank you.  My first attempt to create something for the contest last night didn't really turn out so well, so I'm just going to continue to think of more ideas and then start over from square one.

JMcKnite
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 12:51 PM

My entry for the fringe challenge is at this address:  http://www.spottedcanary.com/Owl_birthday_Fringe_Challenge.htm

Thanks for the motivation.

CorrineMB
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 3:46 PM

Teala,

Get right back on that horse and ride, baby! I can't wait to see what you whip up!!!!

:o)

CorrineMB

CorrineMB
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 3:47 PM

JMcKnite: I stinkin' LOVE that "grass" behind the fence punch!! Hahahahaha! It is soooo delightful and unexpected. Lovelovelove it! Thanks!!

CorrineMB

allend73
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 4:05 PM

I call this my crazy fringe.  I made the fringe myself.    

http://www.spottedcanary.com/FRINGE_CHALLENGE_FLOWER_GARDEN.htm

I hope I posted this right.  

CorrineMB
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 5:30 PM

http://www.spottedcanary.com/FRINGE_CHALLENGE_FLOWER_GARDEN.htm

Annette,

The link didn't work, but no worries! Here it is. Try this: when you post a project, follow the link to the posted project (it gives you that option after submitting the project). Then highlight and save the whole address. Then when you come to the forum to post, open a new post and you'll see two globe with a chain link-looking things in the top bar of the Post window. The one on the left is "Hyperlink Manager" so click on that. Then paste your saved link both the URL and the Link Text boxes, then click Okay at the bottom. It'll appear normal in your post, but when you actually post it, it'll be an active link. Make sense? I hope I helped!! Haha!

I LOVE the card! It's so fresh & funky--it feels like "a party on a card"!!!

CorrineMB

3boys&stillsane
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:25 PM

Ok, first things first I have to say... these scissors are SOOOO much fun! Glad I got to buy a new toy for this challenge. I made my card last week & just got around to posting it today, so crazy around here as late! Here's my take on it, fringe reminded me of western, yeehaw!!

-Noelle

http://www.spottedcanary.com/Fringed_friends_or_fathers_day_card.htm

allend73
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 7:40 PM

Corrine

You are so awesome..thank you very much.  Such a great help and always so kind.

Lots of smile's coming your way.....

Annette

Norma
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 10:20 AM

Well i finally got to it so here it is.

http://www.spottedcanary.com/Fringe_Scissors_May_Challenge.htm

Norma
stampyra
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 1:11 PM

Ok- So I got creative with my Fringe Scissors and had a great time.  This was a really fun challenge.  I created a Fiesta card.  please check it out at :

http://www.spottedcanary.com/Fiesta.htm

Thanks!  JIL

visit my blog at http://www.stampyra.blogspot.com
view my video's on Youtube username: stampyra

CorrineMB
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 3:22 PM

Noelle,

OMG! Yes! I was thinking about fringe and cowboys last week! Haha! LOVE it. Oh, and I must have that blue jeans thingy. Is that a CTMH stamp???

CorrineMB

CorrineMB
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 3:24 PM

Annette--back atcha, sweets!!!   Glad I could be of assistance. Hee hee!

CorrineMB

CorrineMB
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 3:27 PM

Norma,

YAY! Wow, that came out SO cute! Is that a tribute to your little friend? Very artsy! I love it!

and

Stampyra,

Girl, you got your thinkin' cap on! Outrageous! The pinata is sooooooooooooooo fab!!!!!

****ALL you chicks ROCK!!!!!!***************

CorrineMB

3boys&stillsane
Posted: Sunday, May 16, 2010 9:25 AM

Corrine, yes it is, the set is called "Blue Jeans." Very cute with a pocket, stitching, a belt loop, etc.

These are so fun! Have a great Sunday everyone

-Noelle :)

Teala
Posted: Sunday, May 16, 2010 11:15 AM

Drum roll, please....

Ta-da!  I'm done Corrine!  Check it out!

http://www.spottedcanary.com/Summer_Fun_Fringe_Contest_Project.htm

I used fringe on my palm trees and I figured since it's a beach theme that I would even try to throw in a big "wave" crashing over as you can see...I used regular scissors and a fiskars paper cutter thingy to do the fringe.

(I'm sorry but looks like you may have to copy and paste my link to see it.  It wasn't cooperating with me so I had to just put it in as plain text.)

TrustNoo1
Posted: Sunday, May 16, 2010 4:06 PM

I could not find those scissors at my local Michaels.... Their shelves are mostly empty.  Everything seems to be clearanced out.  So.... I used my own scissors to make the fringe. 

http://www.spottedcanary.com/May_Challenge.htm

Teresa
CorrineMB
Posted: Sunday, May 16, 2010 6:12 PM

Noelle--Thanks for the stamp set info! Now I have to get it!! Hahahaha! (I always give in to stamp temptation)

Teala--LOVE those fringe fronds!! Hahahaha! And cool wave idea...I just love the dimensionality of it all! Great job!

Teresa--Oh, that is sooooooooooooo cute! I adore the "grass skirt" look along the top! That's thinkin'! Makes me wanna dance!

WOW, you ladies are rockin' with fringe! You amaze me!!!!!!!!!! 

CorrineMB

sweetmarie
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 9:39 PM

http://www.spottedcanary.com/Fringe_flowers.htm

I hope this works for the link to my card.  I snipped it myself.  I hope fringe flowers qualify, I could add something straight to it but I think it's complete the way it is.

This was a fun one.

Yvonne

InkaCatherine
Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:15 AM

Wow -- turn my back for a second and you gals are off to the races.  Wonderful fringe contest entries-- JMcK, Annette, Noelle, Norma, Jil, Teela, Teresa, and Yvonne. Your cards and projects are awesome -- you inspire me with your creativity!

Teresa, I too have been looking for a pair of MSC Fringe Scissors at Michael's here in Denver -- they must be very popular because I have been to 3 stores and the selves are empty -- they are clearly marked' Fringe Scissors' but...trying another Michael's farther north in the metro area today -- wish me luck!

allend73
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 9:39 AM

So many awesome ideas.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love. Ephesians 3:3-4 

CorrineMB
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 4:26 PM

Yvonne--it's perfect! I love it! It's sooooo pretty, and I love the colors, too!

CorrineMB

CorrineMB
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 4:29 PM

Annette,

Yes! Soooooo many fabulous ideas! I can't wait to share them with my girlfriends! (And I love your quote.)

Blessings,

Corrine

CorrineMB

CorrineMB
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 4:30 PM

Hey, Catherine!!! Isn't this great?? The ladies are really getting those creative juices flowing!!! I hope you can find Fringe Scissors! Should I send mine out to you? Wah!

Love,

Corrine

CorrineMB

InkaCatherine
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 9:11 AM

Heck no -- I like your project ideas with the fringe scissors -- They are so great what -- would you do without them. Hopefully, I will find a pair today!  I will keep you posted and will try to post a project -- if I come up with my own pair!

Thanks for sharing Corrine, InkaC

3boys&stillsane
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 11:07 PM

Catherine, I purchased mine at the Michaels on S. Wadsworth? Just like a week ago, might be worth a phone call if you are still searching.... MAYBE this challenge is so popular & that's why you can't find any. That would be the fun answer at least! Good luck & Godspeed in the retail jungle (kidding!)

allend73
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2010 10:49 AM

I was so excited to try everyone's great ideas, but I am in the process of moving so my craft room is in boxes right now... so sad...

But I can still enjoy everyone else's GREAT creations

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love. Ephesians 3:3-4 

CorrineMB
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2010 4:18 PM

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...moving the craft room? into a BIGGER room, by chance? ahahahaha...

CorrineMB

allend73
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2010 5:00 PM

We are actually in escrow right now, so I have to wait.  Well the room is about the same size but I sold my craft-room furniture.  My husband is going to buy me some new stuff.  He just loves all of my crafts.  He is very supportive..

InkaCatherine
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 5:51 AM

Annette,

I would be willing to give up my craft space, temporarily, for a new place and bigger/nicer space! 

I would love for you to post a few pictures -- of your new craft area and your oooooo oooooooo aaaaaaaaaaaah new furniture.   After you get settled, of course.

Good luck with your move.

InkaCatherine

Jump to different Forum... 
Scrapbooking Paper Crafting Stamping Jewelry & Beading Kids Crafts General Crafts Browse by: Theme

You are now leaving Spotted Canary to visit a partner site.

Loading, please wait...