File Folder Mini Album Ideas
23 February 2010
Author: Becky Cates
Lately there has been renewed interest in being more environmentally savvy in all areas of life and scrapbooking is no exception. One area in which scrapbookers can help reduce the environmental impact on the planet is by re-using materials that have been previously used for another purpose. With this File Folder Mini Album tutorial you can save money and the environment while you create mini books that pop!
With some simple folding and embellishing, a used file can be turned into a real treasure. Here is an example of a mini album made from a used kraft colored folder.
This mini album uses lots of pockets and tags, which creates additional space for photos and journaling. An album of this type is small, and makes a nice gift or a welcome addition to the coffee table.
Another way to craft with a file folder is to:
- Cut the folder in half horizontally
- Stack the two pieces on top of each other
- Then bind them together by sewing
- By punching holes and adding ribbons, staples, or even book binding rings
- Additional folders can be used if more pages are needed
File folder albums can be made into:
- Recipe books
- Travel folders
- Teacher appreciation gifts
- Mini brag books
- …the ideas are endless with a little creativity!
So next time you are about to discard that old file folder that is no longer needed, consider giving it new life…as a file folder mini album!